We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|This article is a stub.
You can help the Barotrauma Wiki by expanding it.
Content Packages, also called mods, are a feature in Barotrauma that allow players to create their own unique content in the game. This content includes enemies, weapons, items, missions, and even entire new areas within the game's maps. They also allow the creator to edit existing game content, or disable it entirely.
Installation[edit | edit source]
Installing a Content Package is rather simple. For this example, we will be using the Example Content Package, although you may use any Content Package you so desire. Content Packages are usually .rar or .zip files, and this guide will operate assuming so.
1. First, unzip the Package. The amount of files and folders present will vary, but you should look for two: an .xml file and and a folder, usually bearing the name of the Content Package. For our Example Content Package these two files (both named ExamplePackage) will be immediately present, although as previously stated it may vary.
2. Drag the aforementioned folder into the Mods folder in your Barotrauma directory.
3. Drag the aforementioned .xml file into the ContentPackages folder in the Data folder in your Barotrauma directory.
4. Run the Barotrauma Launcher .exe (NOT the Barotrauma .exe itself!)
5. Select the Content Package by pressing the "Content package" button in the launcher. Once this is done, press the Start button and, if the previous steps were done correctly, the game should launch with the Content Package active.
Creation[edit | edit source]
Creating a Content Package is, at first, a daunting task, but once you understand the basics it becomes a swim through the underwater park. Barotrauma was specifically designed to be highly compatible with user modifications, and as such no special software is required (or even recommended) to make a Content Package.