Hello visitor! A note about the contents of this wiki: Barotrauma is a game with several years' worth history as a free-download open source game, and this wiki has been written primarily based on this legacy version. As such, not all content is relevant to the Steam release. So please wait patiently as the contents are updated, and feel free to contribute new information once the Steam version of Barotrauma is released!

Events

From Barotrauma Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Version Checkmark True.png
Versioning - Up-to-date

Current game version: 0.10.5.1

Event Note Opened.png The truth is out there.
This article contains plot details for Barotrauma's lore.


Main article: Campaign


In these Events, a scenario is presented to the player, informing them of their surroundings, the current situation, and what's about to come next. Then they are given some choices which can lead to different paths of the scenario, ultimately leading to different outcomes of the whole Event. Depending on the choices made by the player and many other factors such as the RP of a related Faction, the skill sets, pure luck, etc...the outcome commonly includes getting afflictions, getting attacked by others, losing marks, earning marks, losing and earning RP in an Outpost or specific Factions, and everything in between.

There are 22 Regular Events and 5 Outpost-specific Events.

DISCLAIMER:
All info on this page is NOT definitive as there are some bugs and unfinished features to some of these Events. Quick examples are:
  • Money related Events don't take money value into account where if the player has less money than the choice requires, the choice still leads to the same outcome as if the player has money even when they have 0 mk on them. Only some of these have been patched as of v0.10.5.0.
  • Item related Events where the aftermath of some choices fails to spawn items as prizes in the inventory. (i.e: Sleight of Hand)

Page will be updated accordingly.

Regular Events[edit | edit source]

Regular Events can occur randomly in any given Outposts. Most of these Events can have a big impact on the RP of the current Outpost and certain Factions involved.

Skill Check[edit | edit source]

These are Events that have Skill Check elements and require the player to be an expert in a certain field in order to pass those Events easily or yield their best outcome possible.

Event Captain.png Giving Directions[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Captain Job Icon.pngCaptain

A. You almost run into someone wearing a captain's uniform. You can tell by their appearance that they are a visitor here and their time hasn't been pleasant. They're studying a map closely and seem deeply concerned about what they see. A revolver hangs loosely from their belt. They mutter a quick apology before returning to the map.

a1) "Hey, can I see that map? What's the fastest route out of this shithole?"‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
B. They scratch the back of their back. "That's what I'm trying to find out. The problem is that there's a long way to where we're going and we're short on supplies. Can't exactly afford to go back either."
b1) "Let me take a look. We might be headed in the same direction." (Helm 50) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> Even with two pairs of eyes, you can't find an easier route. You leave the captain, hoping their fortune turns soon.

A shame. (End of Event)

SUCCESS! ‎
-> Together you manage to find a shortcut to the next outpost. It's a little on the dangerous side, but what isn't? You bid the captain farewell.

A job well done.


Outcome: +5 Helm.


b2) "Sucks to be you. Bon voyage!" ‎
End of Event.


a2) Attempt to grab the revolver when their back is turned. (15%)‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> Just as you're about to lift the gun, the captain suddenly turns around. Your eyes meet and theirs widen as the situation dawns on them. They reach for the gun.

Uh oh.


Outcome: Offensive NPC.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> You deftly liberate the gun from its holster and stuff it in your pocket. Your heart skips a beat when the captain turns toward you, but they only give you a quick glance and continue pacing back and forth. You decide it's best to put some distance between the two of you.

Neat, free gun.


Outcome: Revolver.pngRevolver loaded with Revolver Round.pngRevolver Round x3.


a3) Ignore them and keep walking. ‎
End of Event.

Event Vent.png Sound in The Vent[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Mechanic Job Icon.pngMechanic or Security Officer Job Icon.pngSecurity or Captain Job Icon.pngCaptain

A. You hear a strange scraping sound coming from a nearby vent. Curious, you peer through the slats of the vent cover, but it's far too dark in there to see anything... A moment later you hear the sound again, you're sure of it!

a1) Unscrew the vent cover to take a better look inside. (Mechanical 60)‏‏‎ ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> You fumble the vent cover as you're removing it and brush against the spinning blade. It slices into your hand before you can pull away, nicking an artery.

Outcome: Left Arm 18% Affliction Lacerations.png Lacerations: -15 Vitality.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> You manage to get the vent off easily enough and spot the source of the noise right away: The fan blade is brushing against a small metal box. Carefully retrieving it, you open it and find 1,000 marks!

Outcome: +1,000 mk.


a2) Shine your flashlight through the vent slats and see if you can spot anything unusual. (Weapons 70)‏‏‎ ‎
Event Ambush.png
FAILURE! ‎
-> Three enraged mudraptors burst from the vent!

Outcome: Spawns 3 Mudraptors in 1.5s.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> An enraged mudraptor burst from the vent!

Outcome: Only spawns a Mudraptor in 1.5s.


a3) Ignore it. (33%) ‎
FAILURE! (Helm 70) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> You decide you don't have time for this nonsense and creep past the noisy vent, but you get the nagging feeling you've not seen the end of this yet...

A foreshadowing? (End of Event)

SUCCESS! ‎
-> You decide you don't have time for this nonsense and creep past the noisy vent. Not your problem! Whatever it is, someone else will sort that out!

Bah!


Outcome: +5 Helm.


SUCCESS! ‎
-> Seems it might have just been in your head... These outposts can get on your nerves after a while.

Take a deep breath. (End of Event)

Event Unconscious.png Good Samaritan[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Medical Doctor Job Icon.pngDoctor

A. You come across an unconscious worker. There are no signs of violence and nobody else is around.

a1) Diagnose. (Medical 30) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
B1. Well, he's unconscious all right. Probably just sleeping off a hangover or something.

Eh, that's the best I can do for now. (End of Event)

SUCCESS! ‎
B2. The patient's lips are blue, their breaths are short and shallow and their heart is beating very slowly. Telltale signs of Fentanyl overdose. Injection marks on their arm confirm your diagnosis.
b1) Treat the overdose with Naloxone. ( Naloxone icon.pngNaloxone) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> You have no Naloxone. All you can do at this point is make sure the patient's life is not in immediate danger and alert the local officials.

Outcome: +10 RPOutpost.pngOutpost.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> You treat the overdose with Naloxone. The patient is still unconscious, but their condition is stable.

Outcome: -1Naloxone icon.pngNaloxone, +30 RPOutpost.pngOutpost.


b2) Give them basic first aid and alert the outpost doctor. ‎
->You make sure the patient is stable and decide to let the local officials deal with the rest.

Good job.


Outcome: +5 Medical.


a2) Check their pockets. ‎
-> You find some spare change in their pocket, but a passerby catches you in the act. It seems looting injured people is frowned upon here.

Outcome: +14 mk, -30 RPOutpost.pngOutpost, -10 RPFaction Europa Coalition.pngEuropa Coalition.


a3) Step over their body and continue on. ‎
End of Event.

Event Engineer.png Engineers Are Special[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Mechanic Job Icon.pngMechanic

A. The engineering crew chief working on a beaten-up old shuttle engine scowls at you for a moment, as if sizing you up. (Mechanical 50)

FAILURE! ‎
A1. He clearly doesn't care much for what he sees and returns to his work. Apparently you've somehow not passed muster. (End of Event)
SUCCESS! ‎
A2. You there, you look halfway competent. Give me a hand with this engine. (+5 Mechanical)
a1) Refuse. ‎
-> You decline as tactfully as you can but he's clearly not happy. He shakes his head and silently goes back to work, trying to refit the engine. (End of Event)
a2) Help him with his engine. (60%) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> You roll up your sleeves and get to work refitting the engine with him. In spite of your best efforts though, the engine refuses to start. He slams shut the access panel. “Well I guess this is one for the scrappers. Thanks for the help anyhow.” (End of Event)
SUCCESS! ‎
-> You roll up your sleeves and get to work refitting the engine with him. After a few minutes of work you both manage to get it running. "Thanks. I'm sure I'd have got it going on my own eventually but you've saved me some time. Let me know if you want any work done on your sub and I'll see about giving you a little discount for your trouble."

Outcome: Discount. Not yet implemented

Event Mediator.png Mediator[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Captain Job Icon.pngCaptain or Security Officer Job Icon.pngSecurity

A. Two workers are arguing loudly. What once might have been a civil discussion about inter-Europan politics has devolved into a shouting match—it isn't readily apparent how the other guy's mother factors into it.

a1) Try to calm the situation down. ‎
B. You move a bit closer. For a moment, the two loudmouths stop arguing and look at you.
b1) "Hey fellas. Not my place to interrupt, but they can hear your conversation back in Versas." (Helm 70+) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> They are even more pissed off now, but this time at you. Your condescending manner of speaking does you no favors.

Outcome: -20 RPOutpost.pngOutpost, -10 RPFaction Europa Coalition.pngEuropa Coalition.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> The two workers are humbled by your parental demeanor. They quiet down and get back to their duties.

Outcome: +5 Helm (as of v0.10.5.0 it is Electrical), +20 RPOutpost.pngOutpost, +20 RPFaction Europa Coalition.pngEuropa Coalition.


b2) "I suggest you two shut your traps before I finish counting to three. One..." (Weapons 50+) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
C1. They look at you bemusedly.
Two... ‎
D. They look at each other. Clearly, they're shaking in their boots.
Three. ‎
-> A smile appears on the others' face and you smile at him in turn. You feel powerful. Your smile quickly turns into a frown when they grab their tools and walk toward you with ill intent.

Outcome: 2 offensive NPCs.

SUCCESS! ‎
C2. They get the feeling you have the means to back up your words. The two workers go quiet in a record time.

Outcome: +5 Weapons, +20 RPOutpost.pngOutpost, +20 RPFaction Europa Coalition.pngEuropa Coalition.


a2) Egg them on. ‎
-> You don't know exactly what's going on, but join in the shouting anyway. "Remember what he said about your mom?" "That shit doesn't fly where I'm from!" You feel giddy as the shouting crescendos into a fistfight and the two workers start reaching for their tools. It might be a good time to vanish from the area.

Outcome: -20 RPOutpost.pngOutpost, -10 RPFaction Europa Coalition.pngEuropa Coalition.


a3) Nothing to see here. Keep walking. ‎
End of Event.

Other[edit | edit source]

The rest of the Other Events are ones whose outcomes are determinants purely of choices, luck-based decisions, and the crew's current standing (RP) in certain Factions at times.

Event Clown.png Clown Relations part 1[edit | edit source]

A random Toolbox on the ground. ‎
NOTE: The player is free to pick up the Toolbox.pngToolbox containing Bike Horn.pngBike Horn x2, Clown Mask.pngClown Mask and Clown Costume icon.pngClown Costume regardless of outcomes.

A. Someone has left a toolbox in the middle of the hallway.

Inspect. ‎
B. The box contains bike horns, masks and oversized shoes. As you're rummaging through it, a posse of people dressed in clown suits march down the hallway. One of them walks straight up to the box, picks it up and stares at you, then at your hand. You realize you're still holding a bike horn in your hand.
b1) Apologize and put the horn back in the box. ‎
-> The jester turns around stoically and continues on with the group, leaving you to scratch your head. (End of Event)
b2) Honk the horn. ‎
-> You raise the horn to your eye level and squeeze it. Instantly, chaos erupts among the group of clowns. They applaud, prance around and giggle uncontrollably, as if the sound of the horn were the funniest thing imaginable. One of them ruffles your hair approvingly.

Outcome: Bike Horn.pngBike Horn, -20 RPOutpost.pngOutpost, -20 RPFaction Europa Coalition.pngEuropa Coalition, +30 RPFaction Children of The Honkmother.pngChildren of The Honkmother.


Better not. ‎
End of Event.

Event Clown.png Clown Relations part 2[edit | edit source]

A clown is loitering nearby. When he sees you approach, he perks up and tries to get your attention.
a1) See what he has to say. (30 RP Faction Children of The Honkmother.pngChildren of The Honkmother) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> Before you can react, the loathsome harlequin reaches out and painfully honks your nose.

Truly, they are a scourge on Europa.


Outcome: Head 3% Affliction Blunt Force Trauma.png Blunt Force Trauma: -3 Vitality.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> The jester reaches out to you. In a similar motion, you raise your own arm and simultaneously you both honk each other's noses. Twice, as is tradition when meeting a new brother. Without saying a word, he reaches into his pack and hands you a brand new bike horn. He salutes you and leaves, his footsteps squeaking rhythmically.

Outcome: Bike Horn.pngBike Horn.


a2) Avoid eye contact. ‎
End of Event.

Event Office Inside.png Goblin Cooking[edit | edit source]

A. As you're walking down the hallway, you catch a whiff of something sweet.
a1) "Who's cooking?" ‎
B. You sniff around and find the aroma coming from a nearby vent. Suddenly you feel very hungry.
b1) Try to find the source. ‎
Event Vent.png

C. You peer into the dark vent, trying to find out where it leads. No avail—the vents here are all connected. Even if you were to, say, climb in and follow the smell, you'd stand no chance of finding the sau-, er...source.

c1) "Climb in the vent? Good idea!" ‎
Event Vent Inside.png

D1. It takes you no effort to remove the vent cover and wriggle inside. The smell is now intoxicating and it seems to come from every direction. Desperate, you start crawling. Eventually the vent splits into two paths. Something clicks in your head. This isn't right.

d1) "I've come this far. Might as well keep going." ‎
E1. You pick a direction and crawl on. Suddenly it doesn't smell so good anymore. The aroma has gradually turned into a sickly sweet, rotten stink. You start panicking as the tight walls begin closing in. Your vision blurs and everything goes dark. The last thing you see is a vaguely humanoid shape squirming toward your helpless body.
Goodbye. ‎
-> The next thing you know, you wake up outside the vent. Strangely, the vent is screwed shut and there are no signs of anyone having entered it. A quick inspection reveals you're uninjured, but your pockets are empty of change.

Outcome: -500 mk, 67% Affliction Psychosis.png Psychosis.


d2) Turn back. ‎
E2. With great effort, you manage to turn around and make your way back to where you entered. While unhurt, you have a feeling you brought back something with you from the vents.

"At least it's over now."


Outcome: 67% Affliction Psychosis.png Psychosis.


c2) "What a fool I would be if I climbed in there..." ‎
D2. You chuckle at the idea of climbing into an air vent in a strange outpost in search of food. Even so, it takes some effort to leave the vent and the alluring aroma within.

Now to get back to business.


Outcome: 5% Affliction Psychosis.png Psychosis.


b2) Ignore the siren call of the scent. ‎
End of Event.


a2) Ignore the aroma. ‎
End of Event.

Event Cultist.png Outbreak[edit | edit source]

You overhear someone nearby talking to a radio. "Yeah, I gave them the eggs. Uh huh... Yeah. I made sure they swallowed 'em. ...I don't know, maybe three minutes ago?" That's weird, you think to yourself. Hopefully nothing weird comes out of this.

Outcome 1: A randomly chosen NPC gets 53% or 70% Affliction Husk Infection.pngHusk Infection.

Outcome 2: A randomly chosen NPC dies and starts turning into a Husk.

Event Dorm.png Mike The Idiot part 1[edit | edit source]

A. Someone has set up shop in their dorm room. A sign on the door says "Mike the Scryer: He'll divine answers to all your questions!"
a1) Step inside. ‎
B. You peek inside. Heavy curtains line the walls that are otherwise full of crudely drawn pictures of monsters, expensive submarines and well-endowed women. In the middle of the room is a round table with a couple of empty bottles of Europan moonshine and a crystal ball. A man wearing thick glasses and a sloppily tied turban is sitting behind the table. He squints and motions you to take a seat. "I'm Mike," he croaks. "5 marks to ask me anything."
b1) Pay him. (5 mk) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> "Mike knows many things, and he'll tell you some. But only if you have the coin." (End of Event)
SUCCESS! ‎
C. You sit down at the table opposite Mike. A pungent smell of alcohol wafts from him. "Come on, then. What d'you wanna know about?" (-5 mk)
c1) "What's the meaning of life?" ‎
-> Mike conjures up a bottle of booze. "Real original." He takes a swig. "There are a few schools of thought, but basically it boils down to this: Either you make life good for yourself or do good by others." He reaches over the table to offer you a drink and knocks down a few bottles in the process. They shatter on the floor. "Shit." Mike slumps down dejectedly. "There's no God," he mutters as he pushes himself up and starts for the cleaning closet. "Session's over."

All right. (End of Event)


c2) "What do you reckon is in the center of Europa?" ‎
-> Mike blinks. "What? I don't know. Lava? Or is it magma in this case?" He turns toward a bunk. "Hey Jimmy! Is it lava if it's underground or magma?" A bundle of sheets stirs a bit. "What is—? Fuck off Mike, I'm sleeping," it mumbles back. Mike scratches the back of his head. "It's gotta be one or the other. What else could it be?" He chuckles and flashes his rotting teeth. "A gateway to Earth? Ridiculous."

Yeah, I guess it is. (End of Event)


c3) "What's up with the clowns?" ‎
-> "Funny little fuckers, aren't they?" Mike leans back in his chair. It squeaks in protest. "The legend has it that a cargo ship carrying entertainment supplies wrecked somewhere near Uusi-Turcu. They recovered a single survivor weeks later. She was wearing a striped shirt, rubber mask and gibbering something about a "Honkmother" who had kept her company." He picks his nose and pensively inspects his findings. "Ever since, there's been a group of 'em what worships the Honkmother." "Really?" you ask, enthralled. He flicks the booger off. "No. But that's all I got."

...I want my money back. (End of Event)


b2) Back out. ‎
End of Event.


a2) Ignore all charlatans. ‎
End of Event.

Event Cleaner.png Mike The Idiot part 2[edit | edit source]

REQUIREMENT: MUST have encountered Mike the first time and paid him.

A. You run into a familiar face. It seems Mike the fortune teller has found his way here. This time he's wearing a janitor's overalls and is in the process of mopping up a puddle of what seems like someone's former breakfast.

a1) "Moving up in the world, eh?" ‎
B. "Oh, hey. Yeah, I figured it was time to bounce after the... You know, the incident. With the reactor." You decide not to delve deeper. "I still have plenty of wisdom to dispense. 5 marks or a pack of cigarettes."
b1) Pay up. (5 mk) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> "Mike knows many things, and he'll tell you some. But only if you have the coin." (End of Event)
SUCCESS! ‎
C. He leans on his mop. "So what can I help you with?" (-5 mk)
c1) "How's Earth?" ‎
-> Mike takes out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth. "Guess it's still out there. A bit worse for wear though, am I right?" He flashes a toothless smile and fishes out a lighter from his pocket. "I had a pen pal there a few years back, you know? A real prolific writer. No wonder, you ought to get a lot of writing done with twelve fingers." He lights the cigarette, takes a drag and coughs his lungs out. "Fuck me!" He exclaims after the fit subsides. "People really smoke these things?" He tosses the whole pack in the trash. "Not for me."

Good to know. (End of Event)


c2) "What happened to Mantises?" ‎
-> "Oh, them? Natural selection. Some things are just better suited for survival." He rolls up his sleeve, revealing a crude tattoo that states: "I fuck with boots on." He continues: "Tougher. Faster. Prettier. Only the strong come out on top." A passerby tosses a soda can on the floor and Mike bends to pick it up. "Apex predators, that's what we are," he declares as he places the can in the trash.

Truth. (End of Event)


c3) "Why would someone shoot a man before throwing him out of an airlock? ‎
-> "It's all part of the plan," Mike muses. "Sending a message. You gotta assert dominance, otherwise you get no respect." He gets back to mopping the puke off of the floor. "It's how you survive on a submarine, same as in prison." "You were incarcerated?" you ask. "Oh, I've been all around. I tell you, the things you have to do to get respect... I still have trouble walking straight."

That's too much info. (End of Event)


b2) Act like someone's calling you on the radio. ‎
End of Event.


a2) Sneak by. ‎
End of Event.

Event Trash Can.png Firefighting[edit | edit source]

A. You notice a thin trail of smoke rising from a trash can.
a1) Investigate. ‎
B. There is a lit cigarette in the trash. It seems dangerously close to igniting a larger flame.
b1) Put it out. ‎
-> You get some minor burns when you fish the cigarette out and stomp out the fledgling fire, but nothing major.

Outcome: Right Arm 6% Affliction Burn.png Burn: -5 Vitality.

b2) See what happens. ‎
End of Event. Trash Can catches on fire in 5s.


a2) Not my problem. ‎
End of Event. Trash Can catches on fire in 30s.

Event Gambler.png Sleight of Hand[edit | edit source]

A. Some workers are huddled together, playing a game with dice. They have piled various items together, presumably as prizes for the winner. Among them is a shiny, symmetrical item. You recognize it as alien, and probably worth more than the other items combined.
a1) Join the game and attempt to win the item for yourself. (12.5%) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> Unsurprisingly, the other players are more experienced in the game than you. After betting a sizeable amount of cash, you walk away with nothing.

Outcome: -500 mk.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> You quickly deduce that it's a game of pure luck. You take a few careful risks and it pays off. You walk away with the prized alien ornament.

Outcome: Alien Trinket.pngAlien Trinket. NOT WORKING


a2) Create a distraction and try to snatch it without anyone noticing. (25%) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> You start yelling "Fire! Fire!" and quickly grab the item in the ensuing chaos. However, one of them catches you in the act and calls security.

Outcome: -40 RP Outpost.pngOutpost, Alien Trinket.pngAlien Trinket.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> You start yelling "Fire! Fire!" and quickly grab the item in the ensuing chaos. You hide it deep in your pocket. It's time to go before they're any wiser.

Outcome: Alien Trinket.pngAlien Trinket.


a3) Keep moving. ‎
End of Event.

Event Note.png Foreshadowing[edit | edit source]

HUGE SPOILER AHEAD! ‎
You feel the faintest of tugs near your pants. When you finally get some space, you find someone has slipped a note in your pocket.
Read it. ‎
-> Event Note Opened.png It states: "The truth is out there.
cbspusbvnbhbnf.com/efsfmjdu/beweht.htm"
Toss it. ‎
End of Event.

Event Group.png Separatist Relations[edit | edit source]

REQUIREMENT: MUST reach 30+ RP Faction Jovian Separatists.pngJovian Separatists in order to unlock the second stage of this Event.
STAGE 1. ‎
You see some separatists creating their trademark art on an unsuspecting trash can.
Confront them. ‎
-> "Hey! That's official property!" you decide to yell. The youngsters stop what they're doing and attack you.

Outcome: 2 offensive NPCs, -20 RP Faction Jovian Separatists.pngJovian Separatists.

Help them. ‎
-> You act as a lookout for the two activists. When they finish their masterpiece, you exchange a few words. They deem you loyal to their cause and promise to put a good word in for you.

Outcome: +20 RP Faction Jovian Separatists.pngJovian Separatists.

Ignore them. ‎
End of Event.


STAGE 2. ‎
You run into some separatists. Being on friendly terms with them, you receive some insight into how this place functions.

Outcome: +20 RP Outpost.pngOutpost, +10 RP Faction Jovian Separatists.pngJovian Separatists.

Event Husk Invite.png Husk Cult Relations[edit | edit source]

A. Someone is handling out flyers advertising some kind of a communion. You spot a familiar-looking logo in the corner. It's just the local husk cult members proselytizing. It might be fun to check out the ritual.
a1) Sure, what's the worst that could happen? ‎
Event Dorm.png

B. You make your way into the advertised dorm. It's the usual stuff: "Fleshbags" this and "ascension" that. The local chapter guys are very friendly and they invite you to partake of the communion.

b1) "Don't mind if I do." ‎
-> You gulp down some husk eggs. A bit salty. Afterwards you joke around with the folks a bit and you part in good spirits. You've made some lifelong friends here tonight. That reminds you to pick up some husk antidote at the counter and take some of it pretty soon-ish.

Outcome: 50% Affliction Husk Infection.png Husk Infection, Calyxanide icon.pngCalyxanide x2, -10 RP Outpost.pngOutpost, +30 RP Faction The Church of Husk.pngThe Church of Husk.

b2) Make up an excuse to leave. ‎
End of Event.


a2) Suicide cults are fun but not for me. ‎
End of Event.

Event Cultist.png Black Market[edit | edit source]

Buying. ‎
NOTE: This Event is bugged with the RNG only branching out to one scenario.

"Hey! Got something for ya here if you're interested..."

a1) Listen to what they have to say. (50%) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
NOT WORKING


SUCCESS! ‎
B2. "I happened to find some nice alien contraband. It's yours for 1,000 marks. I'll throw in a power cell too. What do you say?" He opens his coat to reveal a pistol that looks like genuine alien tech.


Do you want to buy the pistol for 1,000 marks?

b1) Yes, please. (1,000 mk) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> “Not enough cash? I thought the submarine business paid well...” (End of Event)
SUCCESS! (33%) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
NOT WORKING
SUCCESS! ‎
-> He hands you the pistol. It's a genuine article.

Outcome: -1,000 mk, Alien Pistol.pngAlien Pistol loaded with Alien Power Cell.pngAlien Power Cell.


b2) No thanks. ‎
End of Event.


a2) Ignore. ‎
End of Event.

Event Cultist.png Husk Cultist[edit | edit source]

Selling. ‎
NOTE: Business with the Cultist can only be done once in the Event. Only 1 Velonaceps Calyx Eggs is traded per Event.

A. "Hello, fellow traveler!" a pale figure greets you. You're slightly taken aback by their cheerfulness. "Would you happen to have any eggs of the species Velonaceps Calyx? I'll pay good money for each one you come across in your travels." Their facade momentarily slips and you can hear them muttering under their breath. You can make out "disgusting meatsack" and something about "ascending."

a1) Check your pockets for eggs. ( Velonaceps Calyx Eggs.pngVelonaceps Calyx Eggs) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
B1. You check your pockets. You're fresh out of husk eggs.
b1) "I don't have the eggs on me but I'll go get some." ‎
C. "I'll be here," the person whispers. It sends shivers down your spine. (Can now [E] Talk to the Cultist any time)
"Do you have the eggs with you now?"
c1) Yes. ( Velonaceps Calyx Eggs.pngVelonaceps Calyx Eggs) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> "No, you don't. Please stop wasting my time." (Can still [E] Talk to the Cultist)
SUCCESS! ‎
-> Go to a1) SUCCESS!


c2) No. ‎
Can still [E] Talk to the Cultist.


b2) "Sorry, don't have any." ‎
End of Event.


SUCCESS! ‎
B2. You check your pockets. As luck would have it, you have some husk eggs on you.
b1) Sell the eggs for 1,000 marks. ‎
-> You exchange the eggs for money, which you count immediately. It's all there.

Outcome: -1Velonaceps Calyx Eggs.pngVelonaceps Calyx Eggs, +1,000 mk.

b2) Give the eggs for free. ‎
-> You decide to donate the eggs for free. The person seems overjoyed.

Outcome: -1Velonaceps Calyx Eggs.pngVelonaceps Calyx Eggs, +30 RP Faction The Church of Husk.png'The Church of Husk, -20 RP Faction Europa Coalition.pngEuropa Coalition.

b3) Actually, I'll keep these for now. ‎
End of Event.


a2) Uhh...probably best to keep moving. ‎
End of Event.

Event Crowd.png Fan Club[edit | edit source]

A crowd of teens has gathered to observe the newcomers to their outpost. They're loudly arguing about which is the coolest job on board a submarine.
Talk to them. ‎
-> They have an endless amount of questions. You answer them diligently, and in the end you have the feeling a few of them are going to grow up to be seafarers. Remember: If they wind up as crawler food, it'll be blood on your hands.

Outcome: +20 RP Outpost.pngOutpost.

Ignore them. ‎
End of Event.

Event Clown Ambush.png Husk Cult Ambush[edit | edit source]

Two pale characters with bags under their eyes approach. They're reaching for something under their clothes. You feel threatened.
"Hey, fellas. What's—uh... What's this?" ‎
-> The two figures draw out sharp knives and lunge at you.

Outcome: 2 offensive NPCs.


"Easy, dear brothers. My time for ascension isn't here yet." (30+ RP Faction The Church of Husk.pngThe Church of Husk) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> The two figures draw out sharp knives and lunge at you.

Outcome: 2 offensive NPCs.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> They stop their approach, apologize for the confusion and the three of you grab some crawler cocktails and laugh it off. They share information on this outpost.

Outcome: +20 RP Outpost.pngOutpost, +15 RP Faction The Church of Husk.pngThe Church of Husk.

Outpost-specific Events[edit | edit source]

Outpost-specific Events are Events unique to their respective Outpost type. These Events have no significant impact on anything major besides granting the player some job-related experience, a large sum of money, and some items as rewards provided they make the "right" choice.

Military Outpost[edit | edit source]

There's only 1 Event unique to Military Outposts.

Event Office Inside.png Big Brother[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Security Officer Job Icon.pngSecurity or Engineer Job Icon.pngEngineer

An announcement comes over the PA. "Calling the crew of the vessel that just docked. Please send a representative to see the security chief in administration." (Go [E] Talk to the Security Chief, usually in the manager office)

A. "You're one of the new arrivals? Good. I have a sensitive issue I can't trust any of my own employees with." The chief pauses for a second, sizing you up, then continues. "In usual circumstances, I wouldn't ask for help from just anyone, but I'm running out of options. Needless to say, I need you to keep this to yourself. Are you interested?"

a1) "Tell me more." ‎
B. The chief nods. "According to intel we managed to gather earlier, we can expect a separatist prison break soon," they state, matter-of-factly. "Prison breaks are already a nasty business, but to complicate matters I have reason to believe they have a man on the inside."
b) "Pun intended?" ‎
C. "I'm talking about inside the security force." It seems like sense of humor isn't how one makes it to chief of security. "To cut to the chase, I need to make sure all my personnel are on the level and take precautions. Here's what I want you to do. Take these microphones and hide them in the crew quarters."
c1) Accept the mission. ‎
-> You pick up some small surveillance microphones. "One more thing, I can't permit this kind of surveillance in an official capacity. If you get caught, you're on your own." (Go to the Crew quarter section)

Event Dorm.png D. These must be the quarters the chief was talking about.

d1) Hide microphones under the bunks. (20%) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
Event Security.png

E1. You toss the mics under a bunk. When you turn around to leave, you run into a security guard. "What are you up to?" they ask.

e1) "Oh, just some calisthenics. Need to stay in shape for emergencies." (Weapons 40) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
F1. "You look like you've never done an honest day's work in your life." They start inspecting undersides of the bunks. Now would be a good time to vanish before they get any wiser. This mission is a failure. (20s to keep your distance from the Guard)

-> The guard draws their weapon. "Microphones, huh? You need to come with me." Now would be a REALLY good time to run. (When close to the Guard)

Outcome: Guard turns offensive in 10s.

SUCCESS! ‎
F2. The guard seems satisfied with the explanation and goes back to their rounds. Return to the chief to receive your payment. (+5 Weapons)

-> "Good work. Here's your payment. We never spoke."

Outcome: +2,000 mk.


e2) "Just installing some surveillance mics." ‎
F. The guard lets out a brief chuckle. "A funny guy. You shouldn't be here. Go on, git." The guard then turns their attention to the cameras. Now would be a good time to vanish before they get any wiser. This mission is a failure. (20s to keep your distance from the Guard)

-> The guard draws their weapon. "Microphones, huh? You need to come with me." Now would be a REALLY good time to run. (When close to the Guard)

Outcome: Guard turns offensive in 10s.


SUCCESS! ‎
E2. You quickly stuff the mics in footlockers under the bunks. The sound coming through is a bit muffled but serviceable. Return to the chief to receive your payment.

-> "Good work. Here's your payment. We never spoke."

Outcome: +2,000 mk.


d2) Hide microphones inside some electronics. (Electrical 30) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
Event Security.png

E1. You spot a transistor radio that could possibly hold a microphone. As you're fiddling with it, a security guard calls out. "You! Come here!" You decide to comply for now. "What were you doing?" the guard demands.

e1) "Fixing the radio antenna." ‎
F. "Finally. Make sure K-Rawler comes through loud and clear." Something will come through all right, you think to yourself. Return to the chief to receive your payment.

-> "Good work. Here's your payment. We never spoke."

Outcome: +2,000 mk.


e2) "Just installing some surveillance mics." ‎
F. The guard lets out a brief chuckle. "A funny guy. You shouldn't be here. Go on, git." The guard then turns their attention to the cameras. Now would be a good time to vanish before they get any wiser. This mission is a failure. (20s to keep your distance from the Guard)

-> The guard draws their weapon. "Microphones, huh? You need to come with me." Now would be a REALLY good time to run. (When close to the Guard)

Outcome: Guard turns offensive in 10s.


SUCCESS! ‎
E2. You open up a nearby transistor radio and install a microphone inside the speaker, out of sight. Return to the chief to receive your payment. (+5 Electrical)

-> "Good work. Here's your payment. We never spoke."

Outcome: +2,000 mk.


c2) "I'd rather not get involved." ‎
End of Event.


a2) "I'd rather not get involved." ‎
End of Event.

Mining Outpost[edit | edit source]

There's only 1 Event unique to Mining Outposts.

Event Office.png Consultant[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Captain Job Icon.pngCaptain or Medical Doctor Job Icon.pngDoctor

A. As you step inside the office, the manager notices you. "I suppose you're here about the situation in the mines?" he asks.

a1) "Uh...sure. Remind me what the situation was, again?" ‎
B. It turns out the miners have halted the work in the mines because of a toxic gas leak. "They're demanding ridiculous hazard pay and we just don't have the budget for that. That's why you're here, right? To negotiate a better deal?"
b1) "Yes, that's right. Get me in contact with the foreman." ‎
-> "They can probably be found near the main mineshaft. Good luck."

Event Mines.png C. The foreman is pacing back and forth, loudly arguing with someone on the radio. You only catch the tail end of their discussion. "There aren't enough diving masks for the whole crew. Even if there were, we couldn't waste the oxygen keeping them on all day long. ...No, the ventilation in the mines is connected to the rest of the outpost so we can't risk pumping it out either." Exasperated, he looks at you. "Are you here about the gas leaks?"

c1) Haggle for lower hazard pay for miners. (Helm 60) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> The foreman stands their ground. No hazard pay, no digging. At least you tried. (End of Event)
SUCCESS! ‎
-> You successfully explain that not everyone can be paid extra for hazardous work. This will probably result in most of the crew walking out and the rest having to work their asses off, but at least you got paid a hefty consultant fee.

Outcome: +2,000 mk, +5 Helm.


c2) "What kind of gases are we talking about?" ‎
D. "Mercury gases. Colorless, odorless, gives you breathing problems real quick."
d1) Come up with a solution to help with mercury exposure. (Medical 50) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> You can't come up with anything that could help the situation. (End of Event)
SUCCESS! ‎
-> "A combination of iron, Stabilozine and crawler liver should keep your lungs clean of mercury. Take two pills every six hours." The foreman thanks you for your advice. You collect a considerable reward from the outpost manager.

Outcome: +2,000 mk, +5 Medical.


d2) Haggle for lower hazard pay for miners. (Helm 60) ‎
Go to c1)


c3) "Tell me more about the ventilation problem." ‎
D. "The ducts reach from here all the way to the mess hall and dorms, meaning we can't pump the vapors out. I don't know who installed them originally, but I'd like to have a word with 'em."
d1) Attempt to solve the ventilation problem. (Medical 50) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> You can't come up with anything that could help the situation. (End of Event)
SUCCESS! ‎
-> "A combination of iron, Stabilozine and crawler liver should keep your lungs clean of mercury. Take two pills every six hours." The foreman thanks you for your advice. You collect a considerable reward from the outpost manager.

Outcome: +2,000 mk, +5 Medical.


d2) Haggle for lower hazard pay for miners. (Helm 60) ‎
Go to c1)


b2) "This is above my pay grade. Goodbye." ‎
End of Event.


a2) "No, you must be mistaken." ‎
End of Event.

Research Outpost[edit | edit source]

There are 3 Events unique to Research Outposts.

Event Red Blue Bottles.png Taste Test[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Medical Doctor Job Icon.pngDoctor

A. In a nearby trash can, there are two small bottles of clear liquid. Both of them are labeled with a different chemical formula.

a1) Take a closer look at the bottles. (Medical 40) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
B1. Chemistry makes no sense to you; it might as well be an alien language. After a quick shake test, either liquid seems perfectly safe to you. One of them has a blue label, the other green. Do you want to try one of them?
b1) Blue label. ‎
C. The solution has a slightly mellow and sweet quality to it and it leaves a lingering aftertaste of apricot. It seems to have no other effects. You decide to leave the bottles in the trash and continue on.
Not bad. (Wait 20s) ‎
D. After a while, you realize drinking the solution has made all your pains disappear. For the first time in forever, you feel good. You don't know what the solution is but you wish you had some more. Maybe there's some more in the trash? (Heals 50% of all Afflictions)
Maybe I should take another look in there. ‎
-> You return to the trash can and find a couple more bottles. Maybe one of these is the same miracle solution!

Outcome: Hyperzine icon.pngHyperzine, Anabolic Steroids icon.pngAnabolic Steroids, Sulphuric Acid.pngSulphuric Acid.


b2) Green label. ‎
-> The liquid burns your throat a bit when you swallow it. At first, the effect isn't unlike a good Jovian vodka, and the prospect of getting buzzed while spending no money appeals to you greatly. The situation suddenly takes a turn for the worse when you feel like your stomach is on fire. A sharp pain causes you to double over in agony. Who would've thought drinking something out of the trash was a bad idea?

Not good.


Outcome: 10% Affliction Stun.pngStun, 62% Affliction Organ Damage.png Organ Damage: -50 Vitality.


b3) No, of course not! ‎
End of Event.


SUCCESS! ‎
B2. Neither solution is anything you're especially familiar with, but you are reasonably sure one of them is strongly acidic. You decide to leave the acid be. The other bottle is a total mystery to you.
b1) Bottoms up! ‎
C. The solution has a slightly mellow and sweet quality to it and it leaves a lingering aftertaste of apricot. It seems to have no other effects. You decide to leave the bottles in the trash and continue on.
Not bad. (Wait 20s) ‎
D. After a while, you realize drinking the solution has made all your pains disappear. For the first time in forever, you feel good. You don't know what the solution is but you wish you had some more. Maybe there's some more in the trash? (Heals 50% of all Afflictions)
Maybe I should take another look in there. ‎
-> Event Red Yellow Bottles.png You return to the trash can and find a couple more bottles. None of them are the same as the one you drank but maybe they can be of some other use.

Outcome: Hyperzine icon.pngHyperzine, Anabolic Steroids icon.pngAnabolic Steroids, Sulphuric Acid.pngSulphuric Acid.


b2) Not a very sensible thing to do... ‎
End of Event.


a2) Ignore. ‎
End of Event.

Event Ambush.png Crawler Outbreak[edit | edit source]

A panicked researcher runs past you. "God dammit Jimmy, I told you we should've went with padlocks instead of these electronics pieces of shit!"

Outcome: Spawns 3 Crawlers.

Event Broken Terminal.png Impromptu Engineering[edit | edit source]

RECOMMENDED PERSONNEL: Mechanic Job Icon.pngMechanic or Engineer Job Icon.pngEngineer

A. A nearby research terminal draws your attention. It flickers on and off rapidly for a while, then goes dark.

a1) Diagnose. ‎
B. You try pressing a couple buttons. No response. Opening a side panel reveals a tangle of wires and some kind of a processing unit seemingly in perfect condition.
b1) Scavenge for parts. (Mechanical 40) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
-> Whoever put this thing together did a poor job. You deem it impossible to salvage anything without taking the whole thing apart. While you're elbow deep in the wiring, you hear footsteps approach. Panicking, you yank some wires out and slam the panel back in its place.

Act natural.


Outcome: Red Wire.pngRed Wire.

SUCCESS! ‎
-> You quickly unscrew the parts that look the most useful, carefully place them in your pocket and then put the panel back.

Finders keepers.


Outcome: +5 Mechanical, Red Wire.pngRed Wire, Copper.pngCopper, FPGA Circuit.pngFPGA Circuit.


b2) Attempt to repair the terminal. (Electrical 50) ‎
FAILURE! ‎
C1. You try turning the terminal off and on again. Nothing. Now what? That's the only thing you were taught to do and it usually solves the problem. Frustrated, you jiggle some wires behind the terminal when you feel a sharp pain shoot up your arm, along with a shower of sparks. You decide that's enough injury for now.

Ouch.


Outcome: Left Arm 18% Affliction Burn.pngBurn: -15 Vitality.

SUCCESS! ‎
C2. You jiggle some display cables and the terminal comes back to life. Poking around the system reveals some opportunities. Looks like it's connected to the outpost's outfitting service. What do you want to do?
c1) Request free coilgun ammunition. ‎
-> After clicking around a bit, you successfully order two boxes of coilgun ammunition for your vessel, free of charge.

This is what they have insurance for, right?


Outcome: Coilgun Ammunition Box.pngCoilgun Ammunition Box. (Only spawns one box in the sub despite the text saying "two")

c2) Install an old-school first-person shooter on the system. ‎
-> You carry on the age-old tradition of installing the game on any platform possible. This accomplishes nothing except to give you a good feeling as you chuckle to yourself.

Mission complete.


Outcome: +5 Electrical.


b3) Back away. There have to be some nerds around here who get paid to fix these things. ‎
End of Event.


a2) Ignore. ‎
End of Event.